There is no doubt that we will continue to be under social distancing constraints throughout this election cycle. Be that as it may, there will still be plenty of issues and candidates this year, so be prepared to make some important decisions before you vote. In S.F. Supervisorial District 11, the races we are most concerned about are the Ranked Choice District 11 Supervisor election, the Board of Education (4 seats), the City College Board (4 seats), and the BART District 9 Board seat. In addition, there are sixteen possible local measures as well as twelve state propositions qualified for the General Election ballot as of June 25, 2020. As the Club did with the May 13 meeting, a link will be provided to all members and anyone else requesting one for the September endorsement meeting. Our endorsements from the primary election on March 3, 2020, still hold so the club will not include the State Senate & Assembly races and the Congressional Representatives in the general election endorsements round.
VOTERS: All voters in the District can become informed regarding the myriad propositions and candidates facing us on the November 3, 2020, General Election ballot. We are inviting all the relevant candidates and the representatives from the proposition campaigns at the local and state level to our District 11 Town Hall which we are co-sponsoring with the D11 Council on September 12, 2020, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm via Zoom. The link will be posted on this website or you may request a link in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
D11 DEMOCRATIC CLUB MEMBERS: Regular dues-paying members are eligible to vote on endorsements on Saturday, between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm. Join the Zoom meeting at that time and instructions will be given to vote online. If Regular (ongoing) members need to pay their dues, they can do so on our website to become a member in good standing and, therefore, become eligible to vote on endorsements. New members who joined and paid dues at least 30 days prior to the endorsement meeting on September 12, 2020, are eligible to vote.
CANDIDATES & CAMPAIGNS will have two opportunities to present their cases.
CANDIDATES FOR PUBLIC ELECTED OFFICE Saturday, August 22
- All candidates will be sent a message to the email listed with the San Francisco Department of Elections. The message will include a range of time slots between 10:00 and 3:00 pm on Saturday, August 22, 2020,
- Please complete the Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire Form by Wednesday, August 19, 2020, at 12:00 am.
S.F. MEASURES or STATE PROPOSITION CAMPAIGNS Sunday, August 23:
- Campaigns will receive an email with a range of time slots between 10:00 pm and 1:00 pm on Sunday, August 23 for the eboard endorsements. If you have not received a questionnaire or time slots, please request one by emailing email@example.com.
- All campaigns must complete and submit their Proposition/Measure Endorsement Questionnaire by Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Please note: we are inviting any representative of organizations for and against particular Propositions or Measures, however, we do reserve the right to limit the number of speakers on any particular Proposition or Measure
ALL CANDIDATES, PROPOSITIONS & MEASURES on Saturday, September 12:
- The second opportunity for Candidates and Campaigns to meet with voters is at the District 11 Town Hall from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. At that time you can post your website in the Zoom chat for voter convenience. Register with our PAC chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to present at the September 12 Membership Endorsement Meeting via Zoom.