Eboard makes recommendations to membership after 6 hour marathon of candidate and ballot measure presentations.
August 22, 2015 - Eight of the nine eboard members spent 6 hours interviewing candidates, listening to presentations and asking a lot of questions. Although some recommendations were unanimous, some required considerable discussion and were by majority vote. We don't always agree, but we do have serious respectful discussions based on our own research, questionnaire responses, interviews and presentations.
Members will make the final decision regarding endorsements at our Membership Endorsement Meeting, on Wednesday, September 9, 2015, at 6:30 pm at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, 4753 Mission Street in the ♥ of District 11.
This will be the Club's final endorsement positions for the November 3 election. All continuing members in good standing are eligible to vote. All members of one month or more are also eligible to vote.
Please feel free to comment on the endorsements, pro or con on our facebook page or to this posting. Without further ado, the following are the San Francisco District 11 Democratic Club eboard recommendations to the members:
- Measure A: General Obligation Bond Election - Affordable Housing
- Measure B: Enhancement of Paid Parental Leave for City Employees
- Measure C: Expenditure Lobbyists Ordinance
- Measure D: Mission Rock Development
- Measure F: Short-Term Residential Rentals
- Measure H: Clean Energy Right to Know Act
- Measure I: Mission District Housing Moratorium
- Measure J: Establishing the Legacy Business Historic Preservation Fund
- Measure K: Surplus City Property Ordinance
No Endorsement Recommended:
- Measure E: Requirements For Public Meetings of Local Policy Bodies
- Measure G: Disclosures Regarding Renewable Energy
And, the candidates recommended for endorsement for six citywide offices are as follows:
- Mayor: No Recommendation
- City Attorney: Dennis Herrera
- District Attorney: George Gascon
- Sheriff: Ross Mirkarimi
- Treasurer: Jose Cisneros
- Trustee, San Francisco City College Board: Wendy Aragon
We invite all candidates and ballot measure presenters to attend our Membership Endorsement Meeting on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, 4753 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94112. Please RSVP by Tuesday, Sepember 8 so we can assure a speaking slot for you and space for your literature.